Friday, September 30, 2011

Progestrone test

Yesterday I drove 25 minutes for a less-than 10 minutes appointment to have my blood drawn. The blood draw was to test my progestrone. My nurse, Agnes, called back later in the day to tell me that my level was 22.5- which is good. They want it to be between 10 and 20.  She also told me that this means nothing whether I am pregnant or not-- she has seen bad numbers and there is a pregnancy, and she has seen good numbers with no pregnancy. But the  progestrone level does say that I did ovulate ( a necessity to be prego :)) and  that I won't have to take a progestrone pill in another cycle if this cycle does not work out.

I am feeling extremely cautious in allowing myself to get positive about being pregnant. I am hopeful. But I think the miscarriage 8 months ago scared me. I have been reminded that I really have no control of whether this works or not. So I will just try to go about what I can control-- my attitude. I am hopeful that I will get good news and yet I feel somewhat prepared for bad news.  This week has been so long compared to the other weeks in September. This week I only had to drive up to Oakbrook once, instead of three times. I am sure it will feel like a long time until next Thursday. I can't wait for it to come-- I want to know-- not realy good with the waiting time. But this weekend will be fun-- Parker turns 4 and is having a party in-between conference sessions. And I love conference! Happy Weekend!

No comments:

Post a Comment